Pages

13 February 2012

No Boundaries: Myths Busted

Oh come on world, we're more educated than this right?!

MYTH #1: All gender queer and gender non-conforming people go by gender neutral pronouns.

BUST: Sorry but no, I personally will take either gender pronouns, and I have a lot of gender queer and non-conforming that don't pick either or neutral ones.

MYTH #2: All gender queer and gender non-conforming people are intersexed.

BUST: Last I checked I was born 100% that of a 'female' body. And my friend who is intersexed is male and only dates women.

MYTH #3: All gender queer and gender non-conforming people are transgender people denial.

BUST: I did think for a time that I might be transgender but then realized that I have no dysphoria, and am happy with who I am as Chelsea.

MYTH #4: All gender queer and gender non-conforming people hate transgender people.

BUST: haha sorry world, I would have to say I have more transgender friends than straight or LGBQ.

MYTH #5: All gender queer and gender non-conforming people are being difficult by not choosing which gender they are.

BUST: I tried the whole 'lipstick lesbian' thing, it wasn't for me. I love men's clothes and short hair. I've almost gotten beaten up for who I am, so obviously I wouldn't pick to be difficult and chooes to get teased and threatened.


~Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment