Pages

04 January 2012

Chels

 Another new GFB blogger!!! Please make him feel welcomed, ya'll!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hello Genderfuk Boiz,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Chels, I was born and raised in Seattle Washington.. you would think it's easy to be genderqueer in a 'liberal' city but unfortunately I've had my share of discrimination and I've even had close call moments where I felt my life was threatened. I haven't let discrimination harden me, I'm still who I've always been, I just have a passion now to stand up for what I believe should be human rights.  I've made it my mission to help the LGBTQ community in whatever way I can. I came out as a lesbian when I was 8 years old, and then came out as Transgender at age 11. It took me years of soul searching to figure out that I'm in the gray area between. My family and friends have always been supportive, even so much so as my mom has written to the government about how she wants her own child to have the same opportunities a parent always dreams of for their children. In my free time I love to read, blow glass, cook, dance and see local bands. I'm honored to be a part of the Genderfuk Boiz and hope to become friends with all of you, and remember I'm always here to talk. 

Sincerely,

Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment